Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Today is about setting goals.
Realistic ones.

Starting today, I'm not beating myself up over not taking the time to type/blog every day. I'm going to pull back and E-Blog when I have the chance, and type-blog when I have the time.

It's the end of November and, like many typosphereians (is that even a word?), I've been busy with NaNoWriMo, the November Noveling 'Contest'.  I'm nearly finished with my 50,000 words for this year. I'm working on a fantasy piece involving drunken dragons and short knights-errant and a town where both of them co-exist. Trust me - it made sense when I started to write it. After it gets a, January, re-write, maybe I'll post an except of it here.

My wife has been working on her first WriMo novel and our lives have been a shambles - what with two of us writing. I think we may take turns doing NaNo in the future so at least one of us is sane at any given moment.

BTW I've been alternating between a laptop PC and my Olympia SM-9 for the writing effort. The Olympia is a fabulous machine - can't say enough good things about it. The only machine in my (small) collection that comes close to it is my 1950s Remington Travel-Riter.

I'll start posting photos of them soon.

73, FGT

No comments:

Post a Comment